Yes! You read it right! Eat MORE, Exercise LESS, and Lose Weight. This is exactly what you will learn in this online course. This course is designed to develop your skills in healthy eating and physical activity. You will learn the skills needed to eat the food that your like and incorporate activity in your daily routine and still lose weight.
Course Director for “Eat MORE, Exercise LESS, and Lose Weight”
– Dr. Adarsh Gupta
Dr. Adarsh Gupta has been counseling people on a healthy lifestyle, weight management, and improving health for over 15 years. He has taught thousands of medical students, medical residents, physicians, nurses, and the general audience locally to internationally.
He is also a researcher and has over 90 publications (some of these publications are listed below). He is an associate editor of Cochrane Clinical Answers (a prestigious medical resource).
In his over fifteen years of experience, he has learned some unique strategies that are not typically taught in textbooks. These strategies have worked with thousands of people he has counseled, and they have improved their health and well-being.
He believes that “The key to a successful healthy lifestyle change is making changes in your eating and physical activity habits that you can keep for the rest of your life.” This will only happen when you make changes to your eating habits and activity pattern in such a way that you like them, and you can integrate them into your current routine easily.
How can you improve your health, look fit, and feel energetic by eating more and exercising less? This section will explain what you will learn from this course. All lectures are backed by scientific data.
- What will you learn?
- S1. Lesson 1 – Introduction to course – 5 mins
- S1-Lesson 2 – What is a healthy weight? – 6 mins
- Section 1 – Quiz
SCIENCE OF HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS
This section introduces you to and explains the science of healthy weight loss. Why do people crave certain food? How does energy balance affect our weight? What is the difference between overfat vs overweight?
- S2-Lesson 1 – Energy Balance – 8 mins
- S2-Lesson 2 – Overfat vs Overweight – 7 mins
- S2-Lesson 3 – Role of Habits in Achieving a Healthy Weight – 9 mins
- How to measure percent body fat.pdf – 97.3 KB
- Section 2 – Quiz
In this section, you will learn about “What do I mean by eating more?” You will also debunk FAD diets and weight loss myths. You will learn what constitutes a healthy eating pattern.
- S3-Lesson 1 – What do you mean by eating more? – 14 mins
- S3-Lesson 2 – Debunking FAD Diets – 14 mins
- S3-Lesson 3 – Weight Loss Myths – 13 mins
- S3-Lesson 4 – Best Macronutrient Combination for Fat Loss – 11 mins
- S3-Lesson 5 – What is a healthy eating pattern? – 17 mins
- S3-Lesson 6 – How to track calories when eating out (screencast)? – 4 mins
- Serving Size Card.pdf – 208 KB
- Section 3 – Quiz
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY FOR A HEALTHY WEIGHT
In this section, you will learn about various types of physical activities. You will learn how the exercise’s intensity affects energy balance and how does strength training is better than an aerobic activity to lose fat.
- S4-Lesson 1 – How much activity does one need? – 11 mins
- S4-Lesson 2 – Should I do Strength Training? – 9 mins
- S4-Lesson 3 – How to look skinnier and boost metabolism – 10 mins
- Strength Training Workouts without Equipment.pdf – 1.16 MB
- Section 4 – Quiz
- Book a Counseling session with Dr. Gupta